Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Casting on for Christmas

Christmas has begun in my home!

I have already crossed 9 people off my Christmas list. Only 15 more left to shop/make for. Which doesn't sound like a lot until you start accounting for all the birthdays that occur in November and December. Most of the people on my list have to bought for twice.

I have garnered permission from Dan (my husband) and encouragement from my neighbor to put up two Christmas trees this year. The plan is to trim the artificial Christmas tree before Thanksgiving. We'll get a real one after Thanksgiving Day. Plus, I already won the argument last year about The Wise Men Day (January 6th). The tree has always had to stay up till Jan. 6th because I won't let him take it down beforehand, but last year was the first year we actually swapped one small present on the day. I lobbied that we make it a tradition ... and Dan agreed. So, I get almost a full 2 months of Christmas! I'm soooo giddy. I can't wait for Halloween to come and go.

But enough about my crazy Christmas habits, the main reason I wrote up this post was to show you that I have finally cast on for the Christmas Tree Skirt.


My love of cables has kept the tie point from curling.


And after fighting with my mohair stole over the hand painted yarn getting stuck in a rut, I am relieved to be working with yarn that nicely flows from one color to the other.
Thank you, Brenda!

2 comments:

Jane Carlstrom said...

Great story, beautiful colors.

NaturallySpun said...

Thank you Marie! I am enjoying watching the progress.