Friday, October 5, 2007

Borrowing my Husband's Tie

My husband came home from work yesterday and gave me the funniest look. I don't know why. Don't all women wear their husbands ties in the house when they're not home?


No? Well, they ought to. Ties are great for inspiration. The one I wore yesterday helped me design the schematics for the Christmas Tree skirt. Here's the proof.


What else did I do when I was supposed to be watching the Phillies playoff games? I was knitting more of the mohair stole, because watching the Phillies play the way they are is depressing. We can't pitch to save our lives and our hitters are lost in la-la-land. Ung. But enough about that, I was telling you about my mohair stole. It is 40% completed!


Well, I am off to make a pot of chili. It's still hot as heck here in Pennsylvania, but I'm doing my part to encourage the weather to get cooler. Stew = cold weather. Truly, it feels like we have been living in San Francisco these past 3 days. Every morning, we get a foggy, misty drizzle (I wouldn't even call it rain) followed by 80+ degree F day. I guess it is better than no rain at all and if the heat would just go away - I'd be happy as a lark or a Jake. =)

4 comments:

Tracie said...

Cool idea! I like the schematic. And I can't wait to see the stole done and blocked!

Windyridge said...

Woof says the dog. Cute pic.I know how ya feel with the depressing baseball, as you know. The tie idea is funny. Hey whatever works.

I will dye some of my fleece I think. Not sure if before or after it's yarn. Probably after, it's easier. But I still have a ton of fleece to wash. This weather helps and I am not complaining a bit. I LOVE it!

Jane Carlstrom said...

Funny tie story - gads, lucky you did not cut it for bias binding. :)

Shawl is looking so pretty, great colors.

Always enjoy Jake takes.

Alpaca Granny said...

Hope you had a nice weekend. Checked with my Scranton son and he says your weather is still very hot. Here too. In the morning the alpacas and sheep stand around waiting for me to finish cleaning their pens because they know I will be turning their fans on.