Monday, September 17, 2007

Tagged by Glorious Hats

Jane of Glorious Hats tagged me. Well, shucks, color me bashful (the color of grey if Eeyore is to be trusted). I'm honored to be tagged by somebody whose hat making skills blow me away.

The rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself: some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.


7 Facts About Me
1. I like my tea the way the Irish do: Strong enough for a mouse to scurry over.
2. In order for me to recall an event, I first have to remember where I was when it happened.
3. My favorite Christmas song is "I Wanna Hippopotamus for Christmas".
4. I eat 2 breakfasts (almost) every day.
5. Every Fall, I go on a Leaf Tour with my husband and 2 dear friends.
6. I am a dedicated thrower (knitting term that means I knit in the English way).
7. When hand quilting, I do not use a thimble, preferring to use the inside of my fingernail to push the needle along.


Tagging 7 People
1. Mrs. H who always makes me laugh when I read her blog
2. Marti and Laurie, sisters who share their funny life stories and their beautiful knitting patterns
3. Loren who roots for the wrong baseball team (the Phillies is the Right team, of course), but makes up for it in her stories of her very large family (1 husband, 2 sons, 1 chocolate lab, 1 cat, 2 goats, and several sheep ... plus I might have missed some others) and her hand spinning
5. Maple & Cassie whose pictures of their many alpacas never cease to make you go "Awwww". Maple then spins and dyes the alpaca fleece into yummy yarns, while Cassie supervises.
6. Tracie, an avid crocheter, has just recently made the move to become a full-time designer & teacher. Congrats to her for having her very first submission to a magazine be approved!
7. Brenda who spins natural fibers into beautiful yarns on just a drop spindle. You may recall that she is spinning my Christmas yarn up.

3 comments:

Jane Carlstrom said...

Yay! Thanks Marie for the kind words and thanks for taking up the tag. It is fun to find blogs this way. Yippee, off to explore. Jane

Jean said...

Thanks Marie. I've picked up the baton & posted the info about myself & tagged 7 more great fiber artists on my blog. Linked to yours, too, of course. Check it out at: http://3bagsfulled.blogspot.com/2007/09/tagged-im-it.html

Jean La Rue (Pzorkit)
"I'm a fool for a good yarn"
http://ebonyglenstudio.com
http://3bagsfulled.blogspot.com

Alpaca Granny said...

Thanks for tagging me. I apologize for just getting around to this but will get right at it.