Monday, September 17, 2007

Home Sweet Home

It is good to be back home.

I missed my Jake.
I missed my quilt frame.
I missed my comfy knitting chair.
I missed my bed.
And as good as the food was, I missed being able to cook, especially breakfast.

Was it as bad as I thought it was going to be? No, but it was worse than my husband thought it was going to be.

Yesterday was the first day in 7 days that my feet didn't hurt.
Yesterday was also the first day in 7 days that husband's legs weren't sore.
Tuesday was the only day I got overheated.
Wednesday was the only day I cried.
Saturday was the only day I was sick while at Disney. (I'm still sick today, but at least I can curl up in bed).

Yet, all in all, the good outweighed the bad.

Monday Hubby and I ate our favorite meal.
Wednesday night Hubby and I took the kids out to a character dinner (minus the parents). Then, we brought them back to the hotel for scrapbooking (they had a blast! ... and so did I!)

Thursday I met Mulan.

Friday we divided and conquered the kids. Hubby and I got Kail, the youngest.
Friday night Hubby and I escaped to wander around Epcot, still our favorite park, alone. It poured and we came back soaking wet, but it was still fun.

And, of course, it was wonderful to see my sister and her fam.
Plus, I got lots of knitting done on my AWHF shawl. (more pictures later)

My sister is already planning next year's vacation. I plan to hide in the mountain of dog hair that is still blowing around on the floor despite my attempt to clean yesterday. Maybe she won't find me.

If you see her, mums the word.

3 comments:

Tracie said...

Welcome home! Glad you survived it. :)

Windyridge said...

Welcome back. So it wasn't so bad after all. I love Epcot. Haven't been in a long time but I had a blast and Orlando is a fun city.

Brenda said...

Glad you made it okay. Sometimes when you go on vacation you almost have to get back to work to rest! :)