Monday, April 30, 2007

A cone of Alpaca

My thanks go out to White Horse Farm (http://whitehorsefarm.net/) for this gem.


Isn't it stunning?

I danced all the way home.

My husband's reaction was disappointing (it was a smaller sized cone than he was expecting). What does he know? My Jake was excited ... or maybe he just liked the smell of it.

I will use it to knit up the full-size version of a "Shawl for Barbie" (http://knittedgems.blogspot.com/2007/04/shawl-for-barbie.html). First things first, it's gauge time!

Other knitting news: As you can see, I am halfway done seaming the sleeve into the body of the striped sweater. It's starting to look like a real sweater now and not like a vest-gone-wrong.


Grudgingly, I have also started to knit the right sleeve. I haven't made much progress, but I knit better when there is a baseball game going on. Thanks to the Phillies crazy schedule, there is indeed a baseball game tonight.

The funny story behind this sweater (ignoring the story that I ripped it out once and then once again) is that the person who has agreed to model it for me just announced she is pregnant. As if I wasn't already dedicated to finishing it before the dog days of summer, I have to be now! There is going to come a time when she's not going to fit into it.

Business news: I sent in my very first order of business cards. For shame, I should have done this 6 months ago, but I was trying not to put the horse too far ahead of the cart. Now that I have started to increase my marketing budget, it only makes sense to get them printed. I plan to put my very first card on the fridge. I'll refrain from framing it ... for at least a week.

Gardening news: I just want to say that I am SICK AND TIRED of raking up the seed pods the two sweet gum trees sent down this winter. I have already taken 6 trash bags full to the curb. I can easily fill two more. Plus, I recycled a bunch of them. The recycles are being used as mulch beneath the trees while the soil lays dormant. I ripped out all the grass last fall. Later this spring, I will plant Creeping Phlox in its place. (This was hubby's special request. He hates trying to mow beneath the trees because the roots always muck with his mower).

No comments: