Sunday, November 11, 2007

Baby Flick's Quilt is Finished

I had promised that I would finish Baby Flick's quilt before she was born. It was getting down to the wire! She is due to arrive on Tuesday.

I finished the quilt on Thursday night. (I'm so grateful she didn't arrive early. Of course, her mom wishes she would come a month ago.)

Here are the many pictures of it.


The 'F' is for the baby's last name. (The child's sex was unknown when I was picking colors and patterns). After finding the dragon panels, I designed the quilt around them.
The F and the Dragon panels were hand quilted. The rest of the quilt was machine quilted using the stitch-in-the-ditch method. The binding was made from the green fabric used to frame the 'F'. I stitched it to the front and hand-tacked it to the back.
I had a great time making it! I can't wait to start my next one - an Americana quilt for my nephew.

No comments: