Friday, January 18, 2008

Reading Again

I haven't read a book in almost a year. About a week and a half ago, I started reading a blog (I suppose blogs don't count as books; a shame, really, because I read a LOT of blogs) titled Yarn~Knit~Read~Lit. It inspired me to pick up a book.

So, what am I reading? An Old-Fashioned Girl by Louisa May Alcott. It is about a country girl named Polly who comes to visit a rich family in the city. I am about halfway through the book. Thus far, I've seen Polly grow into a woman, move into the city (but not with the rich family) and start a music teaching career. Louisa May Alcott is a famous and well-written author, yet Jane Austen remains my favorite.

In knitting news, I have started on Block #7 for the International Fiber Collaborative panel. The block will be titled Spiral Applique Block, assuming no major changes are made to the design.

2 comments:

Pooch said...

Just saw your fantastic comment on my blog!! How nice of you to tell me! I do hope you are enjoying your book---a wonderful read!!

:)

Nan said...

Oh, I love all those old books! My favorite to read was all of the Anne of Green Gables series, I used the excuse of spending time to read to my daughter to get to read them all, way back when she was little, but I still have them all and look forward to reading them again with my grand daughter one day! I've never read this book, but I just recently got my new library card since I moved, looks like it might be a good one to look up, thanks for sharing!