Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Cartman, the Pine Tree

The reason his name is Cartman is, well, because he is fat around the middle. During our first attempt to decorate him two years ago, we wrapped the C9 strands around his girth. Despite having two strands linked together, we could only circle him 1.5 times. Dan cursed him for being too fat and thus the name was born. We have since learned that when decorating him with lights, they should only be put onto his front side.


Outdoor (shatterproof) ornament balls complete the look.


I noticed when decorating him that he was getting a little scraggly around the top. It is a pet peeve of our neighbors. The family that lived here before us kept all the trees and bushes in nice, neat shapes of cones or round balls. I prefer my trees and bushes to have a more natural look. Plus, I tend to get more flowers and foliage on them if I just prune them once in the Spring and then leave them alone. Still my neighbors have informed me that they wish I would keep to the clean lines. I just smile and nod.

Oh, and here is Jake supervising the picture taking. He's such a big help. I don't know how I would take pictures without him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your tree. I like the natural look too, and I would do the same with the neighbors - smile and nod! I've got this move down to art. Oh, and Jake looks soooo cute supervising!

Take care and be safe!

Windyridge said...

That tree is a little girthy isn't it! Your dog is like ours. He supervises everything and keeps us in line. We always thank him for his help!

Jane Carlstrom said...

Jake takes the cake. He is a marvelous dog, and it is always a joy to see him in your photos.

Unknown said...

That's hilarious that you gave your tree a name...............and it's Cartman, no less. I love South Park.