Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Tagged

I've been tagged by Mrs. H, Dana and Fuzzy Izmit (not her real name, I assure you).

In case you haven't already met these ladies, allow me to introduce you.


Mrs. H is the author of the I Like Yarn blog and podcast. And, yes, she does like yarn. Her stories about her family, neighbors and life events have made me laugh so hard - I cried.


Dana is the author of My Tangled-Up Life blog. She is also the person behind Unwind Yarn Company, an Etsy store that sells beautiful, hand-dyed yarns along with handmade scarves and hats.


Fuzzy Izmit is also an owner of her own Etsy store filled with unique bracelets, stash beads, and chainmaille. (I swoon when confronted by chainmaille. It speaks to be with its simple chain links and labor-intensive craftsmanship; very similar to knitting which starts out with a string of yarn).


Although Dana and Fuzzy tagged me with the 7itis (list 7 unknown facts about yourself and then tag 7 people), I opted to steal Mrs. H's format because it is easier. I am still having difficulty typing. 'S's are my enemy.


1. Name one person who made you laugh last night?
Jake, my devoted golden retriever, helped me wrap Christmas presents last night by taking the empty roll of wrapping paper and ripping it to shreds.

2. What were you doing at 0800?
Sitting on the couch, knitting my beaded shawl.

3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Feeding Jake his breakfast.

4. What happened to you in 2006?
We adopted Jake in July.

6. How many beverages did you have today?
One thus far - a strong cup of tea (Irish breakfast mixed with mint tea leaves)

7. What color is your hairbrush?
I don't have one. I use a wide-toothed comb. It's pink and white.

8. What was the last thing you paid for?
Stocking stuffers for my niece from Etsy.

9. Where were you last night?
At home, wrapping presents and hanging the last of the Christmas decorations. Dan made me a fire.

10. What color is your front door?
White.

11. Where do you keep your change?
I use my change. My husband keeps his in an old tin.

12. What’s the weather like today?
Raining.

13. What’s the best ice-cream flavor?
Butter pecan

14. What excites you?
Designing - anything (I'm not picky) from knitwear to quilts to my garden

15. Do you want to cut your hair?
No. I've finally found the right length.

16. Are you over the age of 25?
Yes. I'm 31.

17. Do you talk a lot?
No. Instead I hum a lot.

18. Do you watch the O.C.?
Thanks to Mrs. H's answer, I now know that this is a TV series. I didn't know that 2 days ago. And with that tidbit of info, I believe you have your answer.

19. Do you know anyone named Steven?
No. My cousin's name is Stephen. Does that count?

20. Do you make up your own words?
Yes as well as my own sayings.

21. Are you a jealous person?
No. No reason to be. My cup runneth over.

22. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘A’.
Arecia. Isn't that a lovely name?

23. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘K’.
My niece's name is Katie. Does that count?

24. Who’s the first person on your received call list?
I don't own a caller-ID box. On my cell phone, Arecia called me last.

25. What does the last text message you received say?
"After 3?" You see, Dan is in charge of picking up the pumpkin pie today between the hours of 3 and 7 pm.

26. Do you chew on your straw?
No, but I do chew my nails. A horrible habit that I can't seem to break.

27. Do you have curly hair?
I wish. I always wanted curly hair. My hair is wavy on good days.

28. Where’s the next place you’re going to?
My comfy chair to knit.

29. Who’s the rudest person in your life?
Nobody.

30. What was the last thing you ate?
Homemade apple-egg bread.

31. Will you get married in the future?
No, I love the husband I have.

32. What’s the best movie you’ve seen in the past 2 weeks?
This question could be reworded as "Name the movie you've seen in the past 2 weeks - nay, 2 months". My answer is the same: Meet the Robinsons. I wanted to see it because Pixar's chess man was featured in it. It was a cute, but dull movie.

33. Is there anyone you like right now?
My husband, my dog, my friends, my neighbor across the street; generally anybody who smiles.

34. When was the last time you did the dishes?
Yesterday afternoon

35. Are you currently depressed?
No.

36. Did you cry today?
No.

37. Why did you answer and post this?
Because I was tagged and this survey seemed easier than coming up with 7 random things about myself.

38. Tag 5 people who would do this survey.
Jo
Not Lucy
Nicole
Nan
Amby

No comments: