Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy Halloween

I was trying to give my pumpkin a Fu Manchu. Despite my failed attempt, he's still cute.


Despite having gangsters, superheroes, Minny Mouse, pirates, and train engineers stop by last night, I still have half a bowl of candy leftover. Thankfully, I had ignored Dan's doubts over my candy supply. If it was up to him, I'd have a whole bowl leftover.

What to do with all this leftover candy? I suppose the traditional answer is to eat it, but we're not big candy eaters. I like my chocolate straight and dark. So instead, I plan to try out a new recipe I found in our Pottstown Mercury newspaper: Peppermint Pattie Brownies. The last time I snuck mint into the brownies, it wasn't very good. Yet, hopes are high.

PS. I only have 7 more rows to knit on the Mohair Stole before it is done!

1 comment:

Windyridge said...

Aw he's cute!
We have never had trickortreaters here. Too far off the beaten path I guess. When we first moved here we would leave candy out on the stoop while the kids went out with us. No one ever came.