Thursday, October 11, 2007

A Thank You from My Niece

I received the sweetest voice mail from my niece Katie yesterday.

What she said:
"Because the quilt you made me is so special, I made you a Tigger card. On the front of the card, it says 'Tigger, Tigger, Tigger'. On the back, it says 'I love you very much, Aunt Re'."

(I should mention why she chose to give me a Tigger card. When we were down in Disney World, I informed Katie on more than one occasion that Tigger was the best. She wasn't swayed from loving Ariel any less, but it did make for interesting discussions).

I was so touched. I called down to my sister as soon as I got the message. My sister informed me that I was also getting a Tigger from Katie's stuffed animal collection (mainly because she's under orders to trim it down). We're pretty sure it's the same Tigger I bought Katie when she was first born, but I'm excited to receive it anyway.

I'm not sure that I ever posted a picture of Katie's quilt, so here are two. It was gifted to her on Christmas 2006.
A close-up
Full view

You may notice that there is a book propped up against the bed. This book was gifted with the quilt. It explained why each of the fabrics were chosen, since the majority of them were leftovers from clothes or bedding that I made Katie when she was younger.

1 comment:

Windyridge said...

What a great quilt, and even greater because of all the leftovers that went into it. I love quilts but I just don't have any desire to make them. I even have the best sheep's wool for them. My Clun Forest wool is perfect for quilt batting. Maybe one day ......