Friday, June 22, 2007

My very 1st Magazine Submission

I'm so excited! For the very first time, I am submitting my pattern to a magazine. And not just any magazine. I am submitting my pattern to my favorite magazine: Knitter's. So, here is a pic of all the materials going to them.



Well, you know I am not allowed to show you any of the details, so this is a picture of the back of the presentation folder. I picked up this little folder from Walmart. It's the best! It has 12 protective sleeves in the middle and a clear window on the front. The sleeves will keep the documentation free from damage as well as my swatch. Obviously, I couldn't fill all the 12 sleeves, but I filled half of them. Not sure how much information they wanted, I sent a sketch (although truth be told, this could be a mark against me, since I can't draw to save my life!), a schematic, and a detailed description. Perhaps, it is overkill. Well, better to send too much information, than not enough.

So, now I bite my nails for the next month while I wait for them to get back to me. I have heard from other people who submit their designs that if they don't want/like/need/etc your design, they will send it back to you with a Thank You card. So, here's hoping I don't get a Thank You card. Although, if I do, I will be sure to add it to my scrapbook. I just might be the happiest loser!

1 comment:

YarnThing said...

I want to wish you the best of luck! I still haven't had the guts to submit anything...so I will live vicariously through you k?

marly